June 1, 1964, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Academic Degree :
M.D. Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand, 1989
Post Graduate study & Training :
- Residency in Surgery : Department of Surgery, Chiang Mai University Medical school, Chiang Mai, Thailand 1989-1992
- Graduate Diploma in Clinical Science (Surgery) : Mahidol University, Thailand. 1990
- Certificate Special Training In Neurosurgery : Allegheny General Hospital, AUHS., Pittsburgh, PA., USA. 1997
- Diploma of the Thai Board of Neurological Surgery : Thai Medical Council 1999
Academic Position :
- Instructor : Neurological Surgery unit, Department of Surgery, Chiang Mai University Medical school, Chiang Mai, Thailand : 1992-March 2001
- Assistant Professor : March 2001-August 28,2013
- Associate Professor : August 29, 2013 -present
Member of Professional Association :
- Thai Medical Council
- The Royal College of Neurological Surgeons of Thailand
- International Medical Staff Member of Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
- F.R.C.S.T, F.R.C.N.S.T..
- The American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- The Congress of Neurological Surgeons
Fields of Interest :
- Neuro-trauma, Cerebrovascular surgery
- Brain tumor, Skull base Surgery
- Limpastan K, Watcharasaksilp W, Vaniyapong T, Norasetthada T. Factors influencing the outcome of decompressive craniectomy used in the treatment of severe traumatic brain injury. J Med Assoc Thai 2013;96:678-82.
- Limpastan K, Vaniyapong T, Watcharasaksilp W, Norasetthada T. Silicone injected cadaveric head for neurosurgical dissection: Prepared from deforsted cadaver. AJNS 2013;18:91-2.
- Watcharasaksilp W, Limpastan K, Norasetthada T, Vaniyapong T. The result of surgical treatment in patients with cerebral aneurysms in Maharaj Nakorn Chiang Mai Hospital: a report of 225 cases. J Med Assoc Thai 2013;96:1-5.
- Visrutaratna P, Poopat P, Singhavechsakul J, Limpastan K. Magnetic resonance imaging of skin-covered back masses in children. The Asean Journal of Radiology 2002;8:135-42.
- Limpastan K. Planum sphenoidale meningioma with major vascular encasement: A report of 2 cases. Bulletin of the Neurosurgical Association of Thailand 2000;10:1-10.
- Limpastan K, Tonsakul T. Delayed symptom of traumatic extradural hematoma : A case report. Chiang Mai Med Bull 1998;37:81-3.